The Jones Archaeological Museum, located in Moundville Archaeological Park in Tuscaloosa County, originally opened in 1939.
In 1999, the University of Alabama embarked on a $5 million renovation, and the newly expanded and remodeled facility opened
to the public in 2010. The museum is named for Alabama state geologist Walter B. Jones, who led the original effort to preserve
the site as a historic park.