This tower graces the reconstruction of Fort Condé in Mobile. The original fort was somewhat larger and was constructed by
the French in what is now Mobile in 1723. In addition to the French, it was held by the British, Spanish, and Americans, who
dismantled it in 1820. The reconstruction was opened on July 4, 1776, as part of the U.S. bicentennial celebration.