Memorial Hall, built in 1902, was the headquarters of the Alabama Confederate Soldiers Home in Chilton County. The logs used
to build the hall's first floor were purchased by Alabamians to honor fallen Confederate soldiers. Memorial Hall's first floor
included a commandant's office, a library, a parlor, and a conference room; the upper floor served as an auditorium. The building
was destroyed in a fire in 1924.