The Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library. Photograph by Eric Overbey.
Morrison's Cafeteria, 1945
Morrison's Cafeteria was founded by J. A. Morrison in Mobile in 1920. The company expanded to include more than 150 restaurants
at its peak but entering the 1990s, a cultural shift toward casual dining resulted in the restructuring of the company and
the discontinuation of the Morrison's name.