Air University Historical Research Agency
Wright Brothers Bi-plane
The Wright brothers shipped a bi-plane to Montgomery in March 1910 in order to train students at their civilian flight school.
Orville Wright added a rear horizontal wing to increase stability at high altitudes, but the craft's engine failed on a regular
basis, hampering the progress of the school's first and only season.