Alabama Bureau of Tourism and Travel. Photograph by Jeff Greenberg.
Anniston Museum of Natural History
The Museum of Natural History in Anniston opened in 1930 to display the collection of textile-plant owner H. Severn Regar.
The museum was housed in the city's Carnegie Library until 1965, when it was relocated to the Calhoun County Memorial Building.
The museum's current facility at John B. Lagarde Interpretive Park opened in 1976.