Skip directly to content

Richards-DAR House Museum

The Richards-DAR House Museum in Mobile, Mobile County, is one of the contributing properties to the De Tonti Square Historic District, added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The home was built in 1860 in the Italianate style by riverboat captain Charles E. Richards and has been operated as a museum by the Daughters of the American Revolution since 1973.
Photo courtesy of the George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs, Carol Highsmith Archive, Library of Congress