Skip directly to content

Union Station, Montgomery

Union Station in Montgomery, Montgomery County, was built in 1898 by the Louisville and Nashville Railroad. Until 1979, it hosted trains for passenger service and is now the headquarters of the Montgomery Area Visitors Center. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973 and was named a National Historic Landmark in 1976, thanks largely to efforts of the Landmarks Foundation of Montgomery.
Photo courtesy of the George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division