Skip directly to content


Tanglewood is a historic Greek Revival cottage located in Akron, Hale County. Built in 1859 by planter Page Harris, the structure now is part of the 480-acre J. Nicholene Bishop Biological Station, a research center of the University of Alabama. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Photo by Billy Milstead,