Skip directly to content

Carnegie Visual Arts Center

The Carnegie Visual Arts Center in Decatur, Morgan County, was built in 1904 as library, one of more than 2,500 such facilities gifted by steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie to cities and town in the United States. In its current incarnation, the building is leased by the Decatur Arts Council and hosts art exhibits and education programs.
Photograph by Joseph T. Richardson