Young women perform a dance at the Temple of Sybil in Vestavia Hills, ca. 1930. The gazebo, which is a replica of the Temple of Sibyl in Tivoli, Italy, was built on the estate of former Birmingham mayor George Battey Ward in 1929. It was moved to its current location at the southern end of Vestavia Hills in 1976 and is owned by the Vestavia Garden Club.
Courtesy of Birmingham Public Library Archives