The Phoenix Fire Museum is located in the restored home of the Phoenix Volunteer Fire Company No. 6. This building houses turn-of-the-century horse-drawn steam engines and early motorized vehicles. The gallery on the second floor recounts the history of the volunteer fire companies of Mobile since their organization in 1838.
Courtesy of The George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.