The first artifact donated to the Museum of East Alabama was this restored carriage, built ca. 1920. Donated by John T. Harris, the carriage originally belonged to George Dowdel, who lived on the Harris farm. Dowdel purchased the carriage from Brownfield Hardware Company in Opelika. The carriage is part of the museum's On the Go exhibit.
Photograph by Ben Berntson