Memorial Hall, built in 1902, was the headquarters of the Alabama Confederate Soldiers Home in Chilton County. The logs used to build the hall's first floor were purchased by Alabamians to honor fallen Confederate soldiers. Memorial Hall's first floor included a commandant's office, a library, a parlor, and a conference room; the upper floor served as an auditorium. The building was destroyed in a fire in 1924.
Courtesy of J. W. Lynn