A two-story log dogtrot house with half-dovetail corners, owned by the St. Clair County Historical Society. The structure was built in the Beaver Creek valley ca. 1820 by the Looney family from Tennessee. It formerly was covered with siding which put it in the highest social and architectural category and it has unusual Flemish-bond brick chimneys, in which brick sides and ends alternate to form an interesting pattern.
Courtesy of Eugene M. Wilson