Skip directly to content

Alabama School for Negro Deaf and Blind

In 1892, the Alabama School for Negro Deaf-Mutes (later the Alabama School for the Negro Deaf and Blind) opened on the Talladega campus of the Alabama Academy for the Blind, founded in 1858. The schools were consolidated in the 1920s.
Courtesy of Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind