Skip directly to content

Lowery Store in Burnt Corn

The Lowery Store in Burnt Corn, Conecuh County, was built in 1891 by James K. Kyser, who was a merchant and later the town postmaster. The post office was located inside the store until 1998. The upper floor was used by the local Masons and the town's Methodist congregation during the early twentieth century. The grocery store is still in operation.
Courtesy of Courtesy of Billy Milstead; Rural Southwest Alabama