Skip directly to content

Birmingham Public Library 1930

Birmingham Public Library initially was housed in a room next to Birmingham superintendent of education John Herbert Phillips's downtown office. In 1904 the library was moved to Birmingham City Hall, and received its own Beaux Arts building after a 1925 fire destroyed much of the city hall.
Courtesy of Birmingham Public Library Archives