Skip directly to content

Alabama Baptist

Alabama Baptist newspaper was founded in Marion, Perry County, in 1843 by Alabama Baptists to publicize the church's work domestically and abroad. This building, constructed in the 1830s, served as the headquarters for the periodical from 1843-1852 and is part of the Judson College Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Photo by Claire Wilson