Skip directly to content

Wright Brothers Bi-plane

The Wright brothers shipped a bi-plane to Montgomery in March 1910 in order to train students at their civilian flight school. Orville Wright added a rear horizontal wing to increase stability at high altitudes, but the craft's engine failed on a regular basis, hampering the progress of the school's first and only season.
Courtesy of Air University Historical Research Agency