Skip directly to content

Walter Weaver

Walter Weaver (1885-1944) was squadron commander at Maxwell Field (now Maxwell Air Force Base) from 1927-1931, and oversaw the facility's expansion during that time. In 1939 he was commandant of the Air Corps Tactical School, and the next year commanded the Southeast Air Corps Training Center. In 1942-43 he lead the Army Air Forces Technical Training Command.
Courtesy of Air University Office of History