Skip directly to content

Alamuchee Covered Bridge

The Alamuchee Covered Bridge is one of the oldest covered bridges in the South, completed in 1861. Located on the campus of the University of West Alabama in Livingston, it was moved there from its original site across Sucarnoochee River. The bridge was designed and built by Captain William Alexander Campbell Jones of the Confederate Army.
Courtesy of Ginger Ann Brook