Skip directly to content

Perry County Courthouse

The first Perry County courthouse was built at Perry Ridge before the county seat was moved to Marion in 1823. The current courthouse was completed in 1856 and renovated during the 1950s. The county was named for Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry, a hero of the War of 1812.
Courtesy of Alabama Department of Archives and History