Skip directly to content

St. Clair Courthouse

St. Clair is the only Alabama county with two county seats, located in Pell City, to the south, and Ashville in the north. St. Clairsville (now Ashville) was the sole St. Clair County seat from 1821 to 1907, when the second seat at Pell City was added for the convenience of the county's southern citizens.
Courtesy of Jimmy Emerson