Skip directly to content

Dale County Courthouse

Dale County was created in 1824 and named for famed frontiersman Samuel Dale. The first county seat was Daleville, in southwestern Dale County, until 1843, when it was moved to Newton. In 1870 the county seat was moved to the centrally located Ozark, where it remains today. The current courthouse was built in 1968.
Courtesy of Jimmy Emerson