Skip directly to content

Old Marengo County Courthouse

The first Marengo County courthouse was a log structure built in the Town of Marengo in 1820, which became Linden in 1823. A fire destroyed its replacement, and the county court moved to Demopolis briefly in the early twentieth century. The current courthouse was constructed after a fire destroyed the brick courthouse in 1965.
Courtesy of Ginger Ann Brook