Skip directly to content

Shelby County Museum and Archives

The first courthouse in Shelby County was established in Shelbyville in 1820. In 1826 the county seat was moved to Columbia (now Columbiana) where court was held in a wood-frame building until 1854, when a brick structure replaced it, now the home of the Shelby County Museum and Archives.
Courtesy of Jimmy Emerson